Thursday, April 8, 2010

Baby Room




My daughter and son-in-law are not really ready to move out of their rent-controlled downtown San Francisco apartment with its many alluring vintage details and great location, but they do need a place to put the baby girl who will be arriving in the summer. Therefore a baby room is in process of construction in one corner of the space they already inhabit. The carpet inside the new space is shown above at top. Today I went over and we did a lot of measuring and cut foam-core panels that will later be covered in map-printed fabric to make a ceiling for the space. And I took measurements for the fabric walls which I will be assembling over the weekend. Many elements are still to be fitted and installed, but I am sure the end result is going to be both functional and endearing.