Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Miniature Surprise


I received this plant in its flattering ceramic pot as a slightly belated birthday gift on 7 February 2010 and that's when I posted its picture here, as also seen above. This ornamental plant has lived in the Spencer Alley bathroom on a window ledge ever since. Perhaps it is a dwarf caladium. I am not really sure.




Then today all of a sudden with no warning it decided to put forth a flower. Right in the middle of itself, there it is – a beckoning purple flower on a very small scale (look hard – it is right in the middle of each picture above). I do wish I could procure a bee to reward this brave, unexpected flower with a visit. But a bee hardly seems feasible. Especially with the San Francisco weather all dark and windy and cold and rainy again.