Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Speedway Meadow



Today was annual staff picnic day at the San Francisco library where I work. Instead of showing up at our offices we were assigned to show up at Speedway Meadow in Golden Gate Park. Attendance was mandatory, and about thirty of us obediently disported ourselves for several hours under a heavy canopy of fog blowing in off the Pacific Ocean (located just a short distance beyond the vanishing point of these photos).

Once I got home and made myself some hot coffee I felt reasonably recovered from the amusements of the day, and there was still enough of it left to tackle the over-stitching of the tabs that I left on Sunday merely pinned to the felt panels that will – some day – hang at the entrance to the temple dwelling still under construction for the granddaughter who will be an independent presence in the world before the summer is over. This upcoming weekend I firmly intend to get the shiny yellow circular hand-holds appliqued in place, and then the panels will (at long last) be ready for installation.